The Ural Plant of Chemical Reagents is the first Russian enterprise to specialise in producing inorganic chemical reagents.
The original plant was founded in 1930 in Sverdlovsk on the basis of the experimental works of the Ural Chemical-Technological Institute, and was called Sverdlovsk Reagent Plant. In 1958 it was joined by Sverdlovsk Plant of Chemical Reagents.
The plant quickly developed and in the 1970s and 1980s a new modern plant was constructed in Vercknyaya Pyshma, 10km from Ekaterinburg. The full capacity of the plant is 7000t of products per year.
The new plant has a suitable location at the centre of the Urals region. The enterprise has a railway, vehicle access roads and warehouses.
The plant's products include several hundred chemical reagents. Among them are:
Main product range-
- Oxides of vanadium, bismuth, cadmium, copper, nickel, silver
- Salts of aluminium, bismuth, cadmium, calcium, cobalt, copper, iron, nickel, silver, zinc
- Compounds of iodine
- Ranulated lead, zinc, tin, cadmium, aluminium, bismuth and fusible alloys based on lead, zinc, tin and bismuth
- Acid and alkaline electrolyte
Customer-oriented product range-
- Salts of ammonium, barium, bismuth, cadmium, calcium, cobalt, copper, iron, nickel, potassium, silver, sodium, zinc
- Oxides of vanadium, bismuth, calcium, copper, nickel
Products for special purposes-
- Medical products including sets of alcoholic intoxication indicators
- Tests for solid narcotics detection
- Sets of chemical reagents for analysis of drinking water
The products' application spectrum includes the petroleum chemical industry, electromechanical industry, mechanical engineering, production of varnish and paints, fodder additives, food industry, production of ceramics, fire-clay and fire-bricks, cosmetics, glass, pharmaceutical preparations, photographic materials and luminous substances.
Co-operation with academic research institutes and our own exploratory base allow us to respond more quickly to market demand changes and adjust the output of new products.
The Ural Plant of Chemical Reagents is always ready for cooperation. The high quality of Urals’ products in the European market led to us being awarded a Gold Star award in Madrid.
Fields marked * are compulsory